Middle NOC Service Engineer in Rio de Janeiro
TietoEvry welcomes talented professionals to join our project in Rio de Janeiro as a Middle NOC Service Engineer for our respectful Belgium based client BICS.
BICS delivers best-in-class international wholesale solutions to any communication service provider worldwide. Through its Mosaic portfolio, a comprehensive, flexible and innovative suite of solutions designed to be used individually, or collectively, BICS meets the existing and future requirements of the global telecom industry.
BICS’s headquarter is located in Brussels with regional offices in Bern, Madrid, Dubai, New York and Singapore. We also have a satellite office in Beijing and local presence in Accra, Cape Town, Miami, Montevideo, Nairobi and Toronto.
Our team continuously strives to provide our customers with the highest levels of quality, reliability and interoperability enabling them to maximize their end-user value. With our successful consolidation strategy, and a continuing focus on technological advancement and innovation, we have achieved a world-leading position in the international Voice and Mobile Data markets.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assuring on-line monitoring of the network and service performance. Treating Infrastructure outages (reactive & proactive ones): Capacity products (Leased Lines & Carrier Ethernet), Backbone products & BICS Network (Equipment and Transmission systems) for external and internal customers.
- Making the initial evaluation of a problem and classify it into traffic affecting or non-traffic affecting problems.
- Analyzing the issue to localize the point of failure and resolving the issue where possible. Assigning it to the appropriate department/provider and request regular feedback if needed.
- Being the first interface with the BICS Customers. Ensuring regular feedback to customers on the status of the problem and actions taken, such that Service level agreements are met and business or market needs addressed.
- Ensuring business continuity by being part of a 24/7 organization in order to guarantee service availability.
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT and you are passionate about the telecommunications industry
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Operation & maintenance of the SDH/DWDM backbone network
- Configuration and implementation of the new services on the interregional transport network (SDH/DWDM)
- IP knowledge (CCNA or equivalent) and IP troubleshooting experience
- Experience with at least two equipment vendors from the list – Infinera, Nokia, Alcatel, Coriant-Siemens, Adva.
- You are prepared to work early and late shifts, at night and during the weekends (24/7).
- Able to follow and adapt to fast moving technical environment
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer focus
- Able to take initiative, flexible and stress-resistant
- Team-player and easy to collaboration with
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- After pandemic, you are ready to travel (Belgium) for training purpose.
- Good written and spoken English
If you think you’re a good fit for the position as NOC Service Engineer, please go ahead and apply now sending your CV to email@example.com. We’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.