Impressed Current Anti-fouling (ICAF or MGPS)
ICAF or MGPS for Box coolers – Box coolers are always potential fouling victims. Barnacles, mussels, algae and other types of shellfish grow on the box cooler and therefore affect its heat transfer function. Vessels operating in coastal waters run the greatest risk. Corrosion’s Impressed Current Anti-fouling (ICAF) system or Marine Growth Protection System (MGPS) will guarantee the effective prevention of this type of fouling.
The operating principle is based on an artificially triggered voltage difference between the copper anodes and integrated steel plate cathodes. As the copper dissolves into the seawater, an environment is created precluding fouling and protecting the box coolers. The power unit of the system ensures that the copper anodes add the exactly required amount of copper particles to the seawater. Perfect protection is guaranteed under all conditions and the amount of dissolved copper is minimized to prolong the service life of the anodes.
Advantages of the ICAF of MGPS power unit:
- Automatic correct installation check including alarm function
- Touch screen operation in all main languages
- Remaining service life indication of the anodes (+ alarm function)
- Interactive with seawater pumps via several digital inputs to save anode material
- Downloading-/uploading via SD
- History of all data in years
- Low voltage/short circuit including alarm function
- Polarity check for anode identification including alarm function
- Connectable to the Ship Management System via RS485 and RS232 (optional)
Learn more about Impressed Current Anti-fouling.
Corrosion also delivers Sacrificial Anodes.